- Outdoor Instructor & Trip Leader at Miami University, Oxford
- National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS©) Graduate
- NOLS© Rock Climbing Certification
- Leave No Trace© Master Educator
- Lead Challenge Course Facilitator - Experiential Systems, Inc.
- Wilderness First Responder
- Basic Life Support Provider (CPR/AED) - American Heart Assoc.
- * Bloodborne Pathogens - American Red Cross
Katie is a native Cincinnatian who harbors a serious love of the outdoors. She has recently returned home to Ohio, and she is excited to share with othersthe phenomenal, though often overlooked, outdoor resources the Midwest has to offer. After graduating from Principia College with a degree in Environmental Studies, Katie has primarily worked in the field of outdoor education -- teaching adults and children alike about leadership, outdoor skills, and natural history. Along the way, she has developed skills in the areas of wilderness medicine, group facilitation, rock climbing, kayaking, cycling, and backpacking. She currently teaches outdoor skills classes and leads outdoor trips for Miami University in Oxford. You can typically find her hiking or cycling on any of Cincinnati's abundant local trail systems, climbing at Rock Quest, or paddling down the Little Miami -- though you're most likely to spot her in line at a local coffee shop.
In joining the TIOEX team, Katie is most excited to help get local Cincinnatians outside. She strongly believes that the outdoors provide the perfect environment for anyone to challenge themselves, learn new skills, build confidence, and to have fun! She can't wait to guide you on your next adventure!